Dynex is one of the world’s leading suppliers of specialist, high power semiconductor products. Dynex Semiconductor Limited is its only operating business and is based in Lincoln, England in a facility housing the fully integrated silicon fabrication, assembly and test, sales, design and development operations.
Introduction to the Dynex Group
Dynex Power Inc. (the “Company”) was formed in Ottawa, Canada on June 15th, 1999 and is quoted on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol DNX. The Company has one subsidiary, Dynex Semiconductor Limited (the “Subsidiary”), which is wholly owned and based in Lincoln, England. The Company and its Subsidiary (collectively, the “Group”) are engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of industrial power equipment. Apart from a few administrative activities carried out by Dynex Power Inc., all the business of the Group is carried out by Dynex Semiconductor Limited.
In 2008, Zhuzhou CSR Times Electric Co., Ltd (“CSR Times Electric”) acquired approximately 75% of the share capital of the Company and thus became the Company’s immediate parent company. In 2016 CSR Times Electric changed its name to Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd (“CRRC Times Electric”). CRRC Times Electric is established in the People’s Republic of China and is quoted on The Hong Kong Stock Exchange. CRRC Times Electric is itself majority owned by CRRC Corporation Limited which is, therefore, the Company’s ultimate parent company. CRRC Corporation is established in the People’s Republic of China.
Dynex Semiconductor Limited
Dynex designs and manufactures high power bipolar discrete semiconductors, high power insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) modules and die and high power electronic assemblies. Dynex power products are used worldwide in power electronic applications including rail traction motor drives, electric power transmission and distribution, renewable and distributed energy, marine traction motor drives, aerospace, electric vehicles, industrial automation and controls and power supplies.
- Dynex Power Inc. was formed in June 1999
- Dynex Semiconductor Limited was formed to acquire the assets of the Lincoln Business Unit in January 2000
- The Lincoln Business Unit was founded in Lincoln England in 1956 and since that time has traded as: AEI Semiconductors Ltd (AEI) Marconi Electronic Devices Ltd (MEDL) GEC-Plessey Semiconductors Ltd. (GPS)
- Zhuzhou CSR Times Electric Co., Ltd acquired 75% of the common shares of Dynex Power Inc. in October 2008. In 2016 this company changed its name to Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd.
- 351 employees (December 2016)
- ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 50001:2011 certified
- High power bipolar discrete semiconductors
- High power IGBT modules and die
- High power electronic assemblies and components.
Our customers are electronic equipment manufacturers and maintenance providers in the following sectors:
- Railway propulsion and on-board systems
- Industrial -Electric power transmission and distribution -Renewable and distributed power -Heavy industries such as steel and mining -Factory automation
- Marine propulsion and on-board systems
- Aircraft power electronic systems
- Electric vehicles.